Saturday, July 9, 2011

Monday 27 June

We woke up to rain on the ger roof this morning. Rain rain rain. We had few plans for the day but the rain certainly took the fun out the plans we did make.

I read a lot of a book I bought on my Kindle called ‘Minding Frankie’. It’s an easy read and I’m really enjoying it. We stoked up the fire and sat in total, surreal silence. There was the occasional yak grunt but that was it. (below: dad making the most of the ‘rainy day’ and sleeping a LOT)

DSC01880

Fish for lunch that was obviously quite fresh. Yummmm.

After lunch we’d organised to go fishing. The rain took most of the fun out of it. We cast a few lines, got lots of seaweed (or, lakeweed) snags and came home. More reading and some UNO of which I was successively very unlucky at. Dinner, shower, more reading.

Lovely.

DSC01882DSC01891DSC01894

Above left (clockwise): wading through the taiga to find a decent fishing spot; dad casting a line; the drowned rat that I think is suppose to replicate a swimming marmot so that the big fishies try to eat it – it floated on the surface.

No comments: