Friday, July 22, 2011

A sea of beauty

IMG_3709 IMG_3723 IMG_3729
IMG_3713 IMG_3746 IMG_3763
IMG_3711 IMG_3769 IMG_3717

I’m a bit distraught today and I know it’s just silly. My blog used to get at least 20-30 people looking at it every day. Since I’ve gone away for the past month, it’s dropped to about 12 a day. I never even write this thing for other people to read, it’s mostly just for me and my family who insist on intimate boring details of my day to day life. But now that the readers aren’t there, it’s a bit more of a bore and it makes me feel like I’m not as interesting any more. This is probably why I wouldn’t make it as a famous person, Prime Minister or serious blogger.

Not to worry. It’s certainly not going to stop me from blogging – I really quite enjoy deconstructing my life and reflecting on things.

So, upon that note: see above photos of my day. It probably looks exotically cool?! Somewhere along the way the exotic has been removed from my daily life. Looking at the photos now, it looks like I had an awesome day! And I did, I guess. But it was no different to yesterday or the day before. It’s beautiful, and beautifully different up this end of the world and I need to stop taking it for granted! I try not to, and I don’t really. I can sit for hours and watch people conducting their daily business, children in tow…. I just hope you don’t think I do. It’s bloody awesome that I’m here but I don’t feel like the intrepid traveller or someone who’s worked super hard to get here. So, I’ll stick to the bloody awesome and appreciate the moment.

And appreciate I shall. Over another cup of strange-but-delicious red berry hot tea and some processed Omul (endemic fish of Baikal) fish cakes.

Oh yeah, and another cool thing about such a large sea of fresh water is that it still smells like the beach. The hot sun on the sand and the water in the air still smells beachy, just not AS beachy as the ocean. For lunch today we had a ‘salad’ made of some strange looking marine algae chopped up with corn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i still read your blog sally!
love ebony