Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The arrival of winter

This video is what I saw when I finally got out of bed at 8:10am this morning. It was due to snow today but I didn't think the weather man would actually be right about it.
Yesterday was rain, the day before was 22 degrees. Today is a balmy -1 and it's windy and wet and snowy which makes it that much colder. The air smells the same as it did when I lived in Canada - which is the first time I've actually ever been reminded of it. It's a combination of snow, wet ground and petrol fumes I think. But it's lovely. The air is fresh, the pollution can't be seen as the clouds are hovering below the line of pollution.

I've got flights almost booked for my return home. It still pulls of a lot of strings. Should I stay? Should I stop somewhere on the way home? Maybe I will have enough work to do.. All that kind of stuff.

Hockey last night was a lot of fun. I think I was a bit too rough. There was one guy that was being very forceful I guess. I forced back and it was the last time he tackled me. But all in all it was good. And then today I met my Mongolian friends for lunch. I'm going to teach them how to make cupcakes on the weekend.

I'm not feeling it at work anymore. I finished as much as I'm going to do on one project yesterday. I've almost finished with my tourism proposal because I don't know what more to do....... Maybe I just want to be outside in the snow.

No comments: