Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

'Sup guys.

I'm totally home.

It was a very long trip. I arrived in Sydney at 7:15am on Monday morning. I got out of the airport at 8pm. We went to Ebony's school in Parramatta to drop her off - she's got a couple of HSC exams to go. I also managed to have a shower. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet free flowing hot water. There was also that moment where you hover over the toilet, wondering whether or not - should I, or shouldn't I - put the toilet paper down the toilet. I still feel guilty doing it.

After a stop at the fruit shop to get supplies we headed back to Mudgee. Everything is so functional. I still get vaguely excited when I hear an Australian accent or see a whitey even though in Australia they're everywhere.

Before we got home home, we stopped down at Nikki's house so I could meet Nate. By this time I was pretty much a walking zombie but it didn't stop me going down there a second time...... Why not, right? Nate's pretty cute.

We had a minor issue finding corned beef in the freezer. Instead of boiling the corned meat, mum boiled a roast beef. It was salvageable and was delicious! I remember the same thing happening on my last night before I went to boarding school or uni or something.

I stayed up til 8:30pm and crashed. I put my knee on the bed first (I guess it's a Mongolian relic - hard beds require knee first), expecting to climb in to bed but instead of just shuffling in to bed I SUNK in to bed. My heart skipped a beat it was so excited. A soft bed! Woohoo!

8am wake up - to roosters, dogs and the bloody inside dog with a cat bell round its neck (I took it off this morning). Now I'm bored already. I've called the recruitment lady about my job in Sydney. They don't want me for that role but they might have something early next year (maybe?) for a geo, which would be perfect. I'll meet the recruitment lady, and hopefully the company, on Friday when I go to Sydney for my volunteer debrief thing.

My clothes STINK. So bad. Everything STINKS. I've done three loads of washing so far. It's the pollution smell, it's got in to EVERYTHING.

No comments: