Monday, July 25, 2011

Stormy days

This morning was lovely, the sun was out. As the afternoon moved in to evening, the storm clouds rolled in and it's yet to give way to rain but I'm sure it's not far off.

This morning was a bit tricky. I was ready to get out of bed but I didn't want to leave my room. It was like a big hug had engulfed me and I was in a happy place and I didn't want to leave. I'm a 'stuff' person - I like my things and coming back to my room after so long away, and I guess having even more reliance on my 'stuff' to make me feel comfortable here, I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally just wanted to have alone time: me and my stuff.

So I turned my tv on (I have a tv in my room but it only gets Mongolian channels and the BBC) so I had background noise and for a couple of hours I lolled around in my room. It was lovely. But then I had to go to work.
My reception was friendly. There were lots of 'oh, I haven't seen you for ages' but that's it. And it's fair enough because I haven't been in for at least a month. I want work to do, dammmmmmmit! I want to help! I'm here to help! Give me something to do or send me somewhere else so I'm not wasting my time!

So I went to my friend's house to wash my clothes. No running water in our house at the moment means our washing machine only spins. So I took an epic basketful of clothes down the road and washed them. I'll pick the rest up tonight when I go over for dinner.

There are a bunch of new volunteers arriving this weekend. I'm very excited. More new friends!

I'm going to go home, get changed and go to a cafe that I know has great soy chai and read my magazine that my friend bought from Australia for me. :)

No comments: