Thursday, October 27, 2011

Birthdays and baggage

IMG_6121DSC06134DSC06143DSC06153DSC06155

 

I know these photos are a bit mishmashed. Too bad. From top left: my super cool pink port; John on his birthday at the French Bisto; Hot Pot for my farewell last night; Hot pot again; John and the rest of the gang AND the hamburger balloon for John’s birthday.

I went to work for about an hour today. There’s no bloody reason to be there. It’s even more boring than usual. So I snuck home and started packing a bit more. I’ve started to get somewhere. Most of my things are in one corner, and it’s not as overwhelming as I first thought. There is a lot I’m leaving behind, which is annoying but it’s all stuff I was going to leave behind anyway. I have my baggage increased to 30kg, courtesy of a nice lady at the Singapore Airlines office in Seoul airport. I got 30kg on the way over so I was really hoping I got 30kg on the way home.

I’ve got no food left in the house. I almost have enough things to make me some cupcakes, but just not quite enough.

My last day at work tomorrow – I don’t know how to approach it. They’ll want to do some impromptu party, but I’ve got a bazillion other things on, including packing my bags for Ulgii the next day. I’m 99% packed but that’s beside the point. There’s a couple of things on Friday night too that I’m hoping to get to.

My motivation wanes as soon as the sun goes down – bugger! We’ve got a replacement housemate for my room, plus a spare housemate for the spare room. They’ll move in and organise themselves once I’m gone, which will save confusion. I don’t want any hassles mixing up my clothes with anyone else’s as it will be tricky enough packing/washing/organising/saying goodbye in one day!

No comments: