Wednesday, June 15, 2011

late night blogs

Oh man. I haven't even been busy. This is what happens when I slow down. So does my efficiency.

It's been storming of late - it's so lovely. Rumbly thunder, big strikes of lightning, rain on the roof. And muddy wet ground courtesy of no (I mean none at all) drainage.

I've been working and organising stuff for when dad gets here. Organising flights to Khovsgol, organising myself for my imminent trip (in 6 hours) to Selenge. I'm not even sure what's in Selenge but I know I'm leaving at 6:30am for another long drive. It's only three days and the director is coming so we get to stay in hotels. With showers!

Tegan, Ebony and I are a bit closer to organising Christmas. I'm also going to head home for a couple of weeks in November. I haven't asked for time off work but it'll have to be okay. I'm going to hopefully fly in on the same day as Tegan so we can be picked up together to save mum two trips.

I've had the house to myself which was surprisingly lovely. I don't know why, it hardly made a difference - but it was just nice. I had lots (okay, two) visitors and we sat and ate dinner and watched movies and ate icecream on a couple of different nights. It's really nice to do that with friends!

I got my parcels - that was exciting!!!! I got my patterns from the USA so I can start to make some pretty dresses. Mum's parcel with my bracelet (that I ordered in February - it went from China to Brisbane to Mudgee to Mongolia and I've finally got it!) and a magazine; Gma's parcel with a cute lil egg warmer and some much-needed pink Mary-Kay cream.

I don't have anything worthwhile to report, I just won't be reporting back until Sunday because I'm not taking my laptop with me. I considered it but .... nah. I should survive without blogging or facebooking for three days. I'll just write my daily updates down, and then when I get home I can type them up and you'll get the same thing just a delayed response.

oh, and the Blues beat the Maroons. Sucked in!

No comments: