Monday, June 6, 2011

What's happening on the block

Read: Potential delicious crepes for breakfast just downstairs (opening soon)
My apartment is on the RHS, top level.
This is why we don't have hot water - there are no pipes at the moment
This is why we won't have hot water for at least another month: they're digging up the entire block's water pipes and replacing them. They've finished one side and are on to the next. Boo. I <love> warm showers.


Please note all the green on the trees. It's so beautiful around here when the leaves start to sprout. There's a general feeling of happiness, which I'll be sad to see go when the air becomes too cold to function.

I was showering at the gym. The gym's now got no hot water either. Cold showers are okay if you're in a HOT climate, if the water is cold but not 1 degree from freezing (I'm not joking; this water is like glacial melt and wholey dooley it is FREEZING. For example, when I try to wash my hair a. the shampoo doesn't come out properly because the water is too cold and b. I get brainfreeze of the kind you get when you eat too much ice cream too quickly. But it's from the water. Only worse because I don't even get to eat the ice cream.

No comments: