Friday, December 2, 2011

Don't blow your nose while crossing the road

My flight from Sydney to Hong Kong wasn’t too bad except for some major turbulence and a weird person next to me on the plane. She had a hole in the bum of the seam of her pants, was pretty smelly and rang the help bell about 10 times to get really silly things. Someone was opening their window which annoyed her.

The next flight was a longer one – about 12.5hours. I was next to the window and a 3 year old boy whose name was a mixture of ‘rascal’ and ‘Oscar’ that started with V. Something like ‘Varscarl’. He was a pretty good kid, but that long on a plane is enough for anyone let alone a 3 year old. When he slept, he’d kick me incessantly because his little feet couldn’t find somewhere to go. So then I got his legs on my lap, and the kicking continued. When I did get to nap, he’d wake me up to talk to me and show me his plane. I don’t think it really mattered in the grand scheme of things– I’d be tired anyway!

London is so pretty at night! We arrived at about 5am and the sun didn’t come up til much later. Ebony got in at the same time and we organised ourselves with SIM cards and an Oyster card. We changed terminals to find a shower – they were a bit dodgy but made us feel so much better! We got on the train, then got on the wrong train and got back on the right one. Made our way to the hotel, dumped our bags and went out. Found some beautiful dresses, a great BIG supermarket filled with pre packaged foods and Hyde Park.





There are bikes for hire in the park – it’s so cool! We hired a couple of rode around for a while, stopped at the winter wonderland and then rode around again. I blew my nose while I was crossing the road and managed to get a jetstream of a bleeding nose. Annoying! And very unsafe! Blood spurting from your nose while navigating traffic….. Oops.

Our room was ready at 3pm and we crashed. Totally crashed. We managed to get out to buy some stuff for dinner but that was it. I’m going to have to go to sleep, it’s about 6pm. Ebony’s almost passed out on her bed.




Above is a photo of a super cool merry-go-round bar and the ice rink at the winter wonderland.

No comments: