Monday, April 4, 2011

Lai's last day

Okay, it's not really - she leaves the same day I do. But I'm about to head to mundo churrasco to eat all I can from the meat buffet. I was suppose to starve myself from lunchtime but I'm not a friendly person when I'm hungry, so I ate a plum, some biscuits and dip and some ice cream (which has conveniently lessened in quantity since the last time I looked; thanks Monica, from saving me from a brain freeze and extra calories).

My jeans were a massive struggle. I don't imagine it's going to get any easier - eating Mongolia foodstuffs.

I got to spend more time with Bec this afternoon which was lovely! And Lai and I had an awesome lunch date at the gunshop cafe. It's suppose to be amazing but we were unimpressed. Good atmosphere, great menu - overrated food. When a menu says 'ham off the bone', don't feed me 'champagne ham from Coles'. You lose brownie points.

We drank the bottle of wine that Fransie gave me for my birthday; it was absolutely delicious. And then we took a roll of film worth of photos in my Diana in an attempt to find somewhere cheaper to develop my film. It's a Russian camera; it's designed for cold climates. I have to take it with me. I just am worried I won't be able to afford the development. It's not cheap!!! Especially seeing as no one takes analogue photos anymore AND it's going to be in Mongolia. So, if BigW does good tomorrow with the film of Lai and I (and really, how could they not - with such beauty to work with) - it's going to be totally feasible!

My jeans are still tight. I was hoping after sitting in them for a minute or two, they'd be less restrictive. Right now they'd be suitable for a muscle strain or something that requires a very tight compress. SNAKE BITE. They'd be perfect for a snake bite. And I haven't even EATEN yet.

Tomorrow I have a lot of packing to do. All the little things. I get to pick Ebony up, which is fun. Monica's cleaning my teeth and I have NO plans for breakfast, lunch OR dinner. Oh man. Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Icecream was me!! :-) a jeans tip for Mongolia:- Chuck em on half way and then squat - they make them looser (the ONLY way i can get into my S&B's) :-) xxSarah