Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Leaving Brisbane

I'm starting to get really worried. I'm leaving Brisbane! I still have packing to do! I HAVE to go to the gym or I'll go crazy ( I haven't had time for a week). I get to pick EG up (Ebony Grace; 17yo super cool sister) at 2:30pm but I have a lot to do before then. I've made a list but I can't seem to prioritise it. For example: yes, it is very important to get to BigW to get my Diana film developed just to see what the photos look like. BUT I do realise it's not THAT important.

I'll mull over it for a while longer.

Last night - Lai's farewell dinner. It was great! Great turnout; unfortunate table setting meant it was hard to talk to anyone but the person in front of you. The food was fantastic (if a little over priced and over salted) and the atmosphere great. I got to go for a ride in Martha's new little Mazda (or, new to her) and with Han as well. We chilled out at Lai's for a bit afterwards and I got home at midnight-ish. All in all, a good night. Thankfully incomparable to my farewell night, else Lai and I would get competitive. (okay maybe not, I think we're good enough friends that it doesn't matter PLUS we shared both anyway, which is cool)
Above: eating in action.

I kind of feel like I'm still recovering from Friday night but I know that's not true. My room is vacuumed and empty. I've got little bits of the loungeroom and kitchen to go, as well as my massive pile of things for Vinnies. Cam's coming over tonight to collect my remaining food (he's so generous like that) and I'm hoping I can wake Ebony at 5am and head off as early as possible. I THINK I'll be able to get it all done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

er, no ice cream for you! soup nazi

stngcloud said...

Theyre MY CHOCOLATES!

Actually, Martha said they are for both of us...


..oh. okay. can you give me one?