Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ready for a rest....

Goodness gracious me. I am very grateful re: everything being organised for Mongolia for us, but today - we just need a rest! I'm getting sick (bleeding nose this morning, sore throat and headache. Boo), we're all getting irritable and we just want to do our own thing in UB! We can't, of course, because we can't go anywhere alone because it's too dangerous. But BOO!

We're checking into the doctor's clinic this morning in case of future use and then heading to a museum and traditional performance this avo. At least we're not looking at bloody houses.

Yesterday we racked up our 13th apartment. I took notes and at the AYAD dinner last night with all Mongolian's, some very lovely and diligent AYAD's scrutinised my notes (which, I might add, were more than adequate and were summarised and prioritised anyway) - we crossed out all but three. The remaining 3 apartments are all 'good' according to everyone. I'm happy with that.

Now we just have to figure out who goes where. I didn't sleep last night because I was worrying about it. Boo Boo Boo.

We headed to the state department store and I got some shampoo - WIN! They have a LOT of cool clothes.
Might I add they also sell Australian Woolmark products. Proof:
A lovely wool skivvy in the State Dept Store made of Australian wool
I don't even know what we're doing tomorrow but on Saturday we're heading to the Black Markets where I am a. very likely to lose my cool and b. very likely to have everything flogged.

Apparently everything is crazy cheap though. I don't want to take any money because I don't want to buy shit I don't need - I tend to impulse buy and overspend. But apparently it's worth it and I need to buy stuff because we won't be going again soon. Bummer.

Hanging out waiting for instructions for the day in UB
The building I would have been working in (World Bank head office) if my group hadn't moved to the ministry of finance a couple of weeks ago (but I'll still be running meetings and courses here)
Don't get me wrong - I'm still grateful and excited to be here. I'm just not 100% happy about it all today. but that was to be expected. And it's only really because looking for a house sucks balls. Nevermind. I could have to live in a cardboard box, and that would suck. It would also probably freeze to me and I'd have to wear it all day too. So I guess I'm lucky.

The view from the apartment we had dinner at last night

No comments: