Saturday, April 30, 2011

Burberry Mayberry

That’s right. I own a Burberry coat! How, you ask? MONGOLIA! Mongols don’t like to wear second hand clothes – even though they probably can’t afford it. Which means that the second hand shops are chocka block full of awesomeness that hasn’t been raided by other people.
Why do I care? Because it’s COLD! And I only bought my kangaroo fur coat and jumpers. So now I’m fully stocked with another four coats. I put one back as I thought five was a bit over the top.
These are for you, mum:
1304167262695DSC01120
Creamy yellow coloured leather jacket. 17000tugrik (50% off – so 8500tugs = $8AUD)
DSC011161304167340578
Dark brown detailed leather jacket with funky lining (most expensive at 50000tugs)
13041674483681304167479327DSC01115
Burberry full length, wool lined (removable) cream coloured overcoat (half price; 10000tugs)
1304167544896DSC01113
Plum-purplish coloured down jacket. Mmmmmmmmm warm! (half price; 8500 tugs)
Today was another big-ish day. After a big night last night (I must admit I piked early and was home – sober – by 12:30. Others were home at much more unfriendly hours after karaoke), we wandered all over town to supermarkets and department stores to check stuff out. The second hand shop was obviously the most popular event of the day. All of the above items for 79000tugrik which is equivalent to about $70aud. YAY!
I also had to cash up – we have to pay bond in cash tomorrow so I had to exhaust all card avenues with limits to get enough (would have been more organised but only found the joint yesterday).
Anyway, I’m excited to sleep in my BED and unpack my suitcase properly. Good news on that front – the vacuum bags worked a treat as they’re both inflated now and there’s no way I can even fit all the clothes in, let alone the shoes and other stuff I put in that suitcase. No wonder it was heavy! Sucky vacuum bags are now my new favourite thing.
I’m also excited to go shopping and buy STUFF to cook STUFF as opposed to eating at restaurants all the time. Apparently most people just do as it’s just as expensive either way. I’m going to cook. I don’t think I’d maintain my sanity if I didn’t cook!
Well, I’m SUPER tired – it’s our first NIGHT without things happening, so we’ve been in bed since about 7pm and intend on remaining a bed bug until at least 7am. Night
xox

No comments: