Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Contact details

email: salberries@hotmail.com
skype: salberries
blog: (you're on it)
snail mail:
Munkhtuul Sodnomtseren
Sally Mayberry
Central Post Office
POB 2935
Ulaanbaatar
Mongolia 211213

Early morning (9am) language class. I'm not sure I'll ever get it. Nevermind. I will try, none the less. It's a very gargle-y language. I envy those who have learnt a language prior to Mongolian - although I guess at least I don't know how comparable it is to anything.
STINKY mutton. Stinky, stinky mutton. Why can't they kill the younger sheep? I'll learn all this kind of stuff in due time - when I head out to the 'countryside' for work. It's definitely on my list of things to ask. Eg. Why don't you create a niche market for younger Mongolians/tourists and sell young sheep meat instead of stinky old meat? Why don't you use rotational grazing methods as much anymore? Why don't you grow hydroponic mushrooms for the tourists so they can have mushrooms on toast on the weekends?

I'm going to make it my mission to learn the alphabet asap. I'll make some flash cards this afternoon. And rope learn. I remember the last time someone made me rope learn though - I'm quite certain it was in year 4 when I still didn't know my times tables because I think it's ridiculous to waste brain space and time on learning something that you can use another tool for (ie calculator). I was wrong - it has been very useful to know my times tables (even though I've steered clear of rope learning since then). But it's going to have to come back out of the basket.

I'm sure I can make it fun though. For example, I have one packet of nerds left. Maybe every time I remember a letter and it's pronounciation, I will reward myself with a nerd. YUM.


2 comments:

stngcloud said...

"rope" (rote?) learning. love it.

salberries said...

When you move to Mongolia next and write a blog even when you're still getting over the 50hour flight, the crazy language, the lack of decent food and the un-safety of it all, I'll let you make five mistakes. This is one of mine.