Sunday, May 22, 2011

If I was in Brisbane….

If I was in Brisbane, today I would be a lot more hung-over than I currently am. I would have made bacon and eggs with a rocket salad with blue cheese and poached pear on a super fresh, crusty white bread roll. Then I would have done my washing, cleaned my room, gone to the markets at Southbank and then a movie followed by dumplings and an early night.

But seeing as I am in Mongolia, things are a little different. Last night I went to a party where there were lots of wrestlers and lots of expats. I drank a little bit of vodka because the Indian I had for dinner made it hard to keep anything down. Then I got home at 4am and went to sleep til 10am. Ate home made muesli with UHT milk for breakfast, put on a load of washing and then washed my hair in the sink with water so cold it gave me brain freeze. Now I have a plastic bag over my head with conditioner in it because I am too scared to wash it out.

I apologise for the lack of photos. I’d hidden my bag and camera so well I was too lazy to find it to take a photo.

In between mini-spews, it was a pretty fun night. A night full of compliments as well. If I maintain modesty during the year on this blog, you’ll never get a full picture. So modesty aside, I got a buttload of compliments last night. It’s always nice to receive compliments! There was a group upon my arrival that apparently like my physique, my face and then to top it off someone had mentioned I was nice as well (heard from a friend). What a funny thing to say though! There was a group of Mongolian wrestlers that were super keen to meet me and then proceeded to sing loudly to the music in very broken and funny english. One tried to give me his phone number by typing it on his phone and showing me. I don’t know my phone number, which isn’t very handy and I don’t take my phone many places because I’m too scared it’ll get taken.

Then I had to have my photo taken by a Mongolian guy for some reason or another. Once I realised it was 3am, it was time to go home. I had three potential walker-homer-ers. Which is a good situation to be in, unless you’ve told all three guys that you definitely need them to take you home (you can’t go home alone here – even in a taxi). So then I felt guilty that I’d promised I’d walk home with three different people but obviously did not need three grown men to walk me home. No doubt they probably wouldn’t have been keen for that either. So I kind of just escaped and walked home with walker-homer-er number 3. We had a cup of tea (SO cold outside, had to warm up) and then by the time he left it was 4am and I was in bed.

I caved and got a manicure. I’m not sure I’ll ever bother again. It just took too long and now I have purple nails until I could be bothered to get it off. I also organised 3 other people to come to the gym with me and check it out. Turns out it’s actually the nicest gym in Mongolia. It’s got all the equipment I could ever want (including personal lockers and a sauna), except a rowing machine. I guess I don’t really like rowing all that much anyway.

Tomorrow morning we’re all going to join and do a morning workout. I can’t wait. Day one of eating well and exercising again. I’m sure I’m going to feel 100% better than I do now (even though I don’t feed too bad). It costs 180 000Tugs for 3 months gym. It’s also the cheapest gym I’ve found! I’m going to try to go at lunch times, which will be a good habit to get into especially for winter – as the sun will be up then and I will still be able to walk alone.

No comments: