Friday, August 26, 2011

Mexican dinner

Today I was reassured by our landlord of our safety. He owns a Mongolian security company, and after a minor scare at our front door yesterday (which turned out to be harmless), he rang twice to make sure we know that in the future should someone come to the door, we should call our landlord who will then send over two guards that will check our front door and decide if we should let them in or not. I imagine after waiting for that long, the doorbell ringers would have left well and truly. But it’s so lovely that he’s looking out for us!

I got to work at 10:30am again today. Did nothing, again. I left at midday – naughty, I know. But we had a dinner party planned for this evening that had to be prepared. Shopping at Mercury, the local fruit/veg/meat market had to be done so we had fresh food for our Mexican party. It was a farewell to other volunteers who are about to leave Mongolia after a long-ish stint here. Below: shopping at mercury

DSC02572DSC02569

The evening was lovely. The people were beautiful. The food was amazing. Singing, playing the eucalale (neither of which I participated in). Laughing, chatting, sharing stories. It was a great night. And now I am sleepy. Below: the dinner party

DSC02586DSC02583

No comments: