Monday, August 22, 2011

Our half eaten hot pot



We have water back on again. Now I don't want to go home. Bugger. I like staying with the people I'm staying with - it's really fun and we eat delicious food. Last night we went to go to the movies but Harry Potter was sold out (I wasn't upset) so we went and had MaxiPot for dinner. It's a hot pot place that has to be my favourite food I've had thus far in Mongolia. There was so much fresh stuff!

We had one hot pot each and added heaps of vegies. I had mostly tofu as I'm a bit off meat at the moment. But the tofu was good.

The best part was instead of having to watch Harry Potter, we got grape slushies instead! I've been craving a slushy since I ran in to a slushy machine in the mall a week or so ago. The slushies hadn't had time to slush up yet, so were just cordial which is boring. The grape flavoured slushy was completed slushed and it was great! The were downstairs in the Tengis theatre. It meant I didn't get to sleep until 3am - I think there was a bit too much sugar in it. Oh well.

I'm not struggling yet, mainly because Nikki's at home on the couch looking after mum who is sick. But as soon as she has that kid I can bet you my soul that I'm going to be beside myself that I'm not at home. I don't know if it makes it easier that Tegan's not at home either. I don't think it does. I know she's not too happy about it either. TOO BAD. I'm in Mongolia and I'm going back to Australia soon enough. It just doesn't seem soon enough. (p.s. my sister Nikki is due to have her baby today and I'm due to be an aunty at approximately the same time)

I AM struggling at work. It's total bullshit. I want to blame myself because I applied for a position that I talked my way in to, and talked myself into thinking I could do it. But I'm over blaming myself because I could do something - I can do anything if I want to - if THEY wanted me to. But there doesn't seem to be anything they want/need.

Except to teach English. My boss today repeated three times (because I argued against her three times) that I need to start English lessons because no one is busy and everyone is in the office. I said I am not comfortable conducting English lessons until I have some actual work to do, because I am not here to teach English. If I wanted to teach English I would have chosen to move to a country where the food is at least edible!

Just in case you want to write me a letter or send me a package..... (hint hint) this is my mailing address. You can also find it under a blog I wrote called 'Contact Details'.


Munkhtuul Sodnomtseren
Sally Mayberry
Central Post Office
POB 2935
Ulaanbaatar
Mongolia 211213



No comments: