Monday, September 19, 2011

Winging it

I have opted for a new approach. I think thus far I have lived my life making decisions like I'm third speaker on a school debate team. I look at every single option, consequence and way out.

So, this time I'm not. I have already researched and made lists on plenty of options but now I choose to wing it. I choose to make easy decisions. Easy decisions like: I don't like living in Mongolia. I could have a great career here. I could earn lots of money. But I don't like living here, so that option's out.

I choose to end my volunteer assignment early. It's not an easy decision but I am not enjoying it and have not enjoyed it since I started six months ago. The general trend tells me nothing's going to change and I choose to easy option of not thinking about consequences or regrets, but choosing to get out of it purely because I don't enjoy it.

Now I just have to do it.

I have to say: No, I don't want to live in Mongolia. No, I don't want to work in a job that sounds boring. No, I don't have to continue working in a boring job to prove a point. Yes, I do want to live in a safe country. Yes, I do want to be close to my family. Yes, I do want a stable life.

(easier said than done!)

No comments: