Wednesday, October 5, 2011

15degrees and loving it




I played hockey last night. It wasn't so fun because most people who play now are used to playing ice hockey. And ice hockey is very violent. I got hit in the eye with a ball and tripped over. Boo. I'll give it another try and if they're that silly again, I won't bother. They all have great skills too, which is the worst part - if they used their skills to tackle me instead of just bowling me out of the way, it might be fun!

We have a puppy. It's not mine. I don't want anything to do with it. It's about 6 weeks old, will grow to at least the size of a kelpie and will be living in our apartment bathroom. It is currently locked in the second toilet. I hate it. I hate that it's locked inside. I hate that it'll get big, and never be able to run around outside. I hate that it will pooh everywhere, and stink the already too-hot house out. I hate that it was abandoned but I also hate that we have to have it. I wouldn't have let it happen - except I'm leaving in 4 weeks which means it's not my responsibility. I think it would be happier if we took it to the vet to be put down. It'll be loved until it's too big and naughty, because no one's trained it properly. And then what will happen with her?

So I'm beyond even being angry. I'm super disappointed and really sad for the puppy. She'll be loved for now, and that's good.

I looked at jobs again. There's a really cool looking job in Sydney, in the city. I'm starting to get really excited - I'd actually love to be living in Sydney, close to Lai and Philli and I could be friends with Eve again and Tegan might come back, and maybe Ebony will be at uni in Sydney..... And I can drive home more regularly. But rent - OH rent! It will be ENORMOUS! Compared to sunny old Brisbane, anyway.

They're got my resume now, so it's a waiting game. They'd want me to start before Christmas and I said no - hopefully that doesn't affect too much.

Flights to Bayan Ulgii are booked. I'm going to Ulgii during my last week in Mongolia. I'll see glaciers and mountains and eagles. Cool dude. Then I'll get home - around the 6/7 November. Woo! It is exactly 31 days from now, which is still 1/6 of my time here to go by - but it doesn't feel like much. It's going to be a shit fight - leaving work, doing my exit interview (read: more yelling, name calling and bullying) BUT I will be going home at the end of it.

The photos above depict today - it's 15 degrees outside and really beautiful.

No comments: